Greenwood Pre-School uses a range of over-arching learning themes to engage and enthuse children. Each learning theme has been specifically chosen to ensure that our curriculum drivers and cultural capital gaps can be addressed through stimulating and exciting learning experiences.
We are guided by the four key principles that shape our practice:
- a unique child - Every child is a unique child who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- positive relationships - Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- enabling environments- The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children's development and learning.
- learning and development - Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of Learning and Development are equally important and inter-connected.
We plan our learning experiences so that all seven areas of learning and development are incorporated into our daily curriculum offer:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication & Language
- Understanding the World
- Physical Development
- Expressive Art and Design
Greenwood Pre-School provides a rich language environment that lays a secure foundation for future learning across all areas for all of our children. Our curriculum is delivered using a play-based, child-initiated approach and a range of daily adult-led activities.